Here is an overview of our public meetings in 2012-2013. We have one more meeting this year – information and details will be coming soon!
A Sample of Recent Public Meetings:
- February 2012 Descending Stories: How shall we tell them? with Kaui Hart Hemmings, Tom Coffman and Maile Meyer.
- May 2012 Hula in Kailua with family and graduates of Bella Richards, Lani Kalama, Puluelo Park and the Beamer ʻohana.
- July 2012 Kailua: How Shall We Paint It with Sherree KcKellar, Carter Black and the Windward Artists Guild.
- October 2012 Before the Military: Mōkapu Peninsula with archaeology and former resident panelists.
- November 2011 Historic Harmonies: Kailua’s musical legacy with Charlani Kalama, Mihana Souza and Mrs. Shigeru Hotoke.
- January 2013 Going with the Flow: Roadside Stands with panelists Lydia Asato Ranger, Norman Kawauchi and Leroy Gilliland featuring the photographs from the Nishikawa-Kimura family.
- April 2013 The Castle Legacy: Fifty Years of Philanthropy with panelists Terry George, Mitch D’Olier, Randy Moore, Lisa DeLong and Corbett Kalama
- July 2013 Kids’ Play: Before the Rec and the Y with panelists Howard Okita, Jane Lipp, Doryne Decker Ringler, and Jiro Tanabe